Hospital Impact has been ranked one of the top 50 healthcare blogs by Wikio.
Blogs we like:
What if I told you I'd guarantee you 5 percent on your investment? How about 10 percent? Would this interest you? So here's the catch ... you are investing in your own health.
I'm working with one of our physicians to explore an interesting concept--improving population health. We are looking to directly share healthcare cost savings with participating employees.
Let me know what you think. These small successes should lead us to real sustainable improvement in our own and our community's health.
Your Health Portfolio: A Collaborative Shared-Risk Model
- Identify and complete population health pilot with thirty eligible participants* (see notes) in an effort to improve health and associated health costs of participants.
- The financial gains would be split among the participants up to 10 percent.
- The remaining gains would be split between the health system and a nutrition-focused educational partner--based on the one-year pilot and associated health plan cost reductions during the same time frame.
- Each eligible health plan participant will pay $50/month with a chance to earn 10 percent on their investment.
- Nutritional education group
- Health system
- Eligible participants
- Eligible and selected pilot participants: 30
- Total contribution of partners
- Education group estimates average improvements of $3,000 per participant based on improving health (e.g, diabetes, obesity, congestive heart failure)
- 30 x $3,000 = $90,000
- 10 percent back to participants up to $130 per participant (above their $1,300 investment); total up to $3,900
- Remaining savings after participant's distribution is split 50/50 between the health system and education group up to $43,050 each
- The model does not account for improvement in productivity and engagement with improved health
Are you ready to diversify your health portfolio?
Scott Kashman serves as the Chief Administrative Officer of Cape Coral Hospital, part of the Lee Memorial Health System in southwest Florida.
Compare Top Solutions in: